Fourth RA V Hydrological Advisers Forum
The 4th Hydrological Advisers Forum for Region V (South-west Pacific) was held virtually through videoconference on 7 April 2022. Mr. John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser for RA V chaired the meeting which saw the participation of Hydrological Advisers and other experts from 11 Members in the region along with the staff from WMO.
The main objectives of the 4th Forum were to highlight some of the key initiatives in the region on hydrology and water resources, such as e-learning resources, hydrological tools and projects that are of relevance to Members of RA V. WMO Secretariat also provided an update on key outcomes from the 3rd Meeting of the Hydrological Coordination Panel (HCP-3), ongoing extrabudgetary projects and the RA V Working Group on Hydrology and Water Resources.
1. Opening Remarks by Regional Hydrological Adviser (John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser RA V)
2. Introduction of participants
3. WMO Updates: Hydrological Action Plan/HCP-3; Working Group on Hydrology and Water Resources; Extrabudgetary project updates (Hwirin Kim, Head of Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, WMO; John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser RA V)
4. Hydrological statistics and other tools in Tideda software (Evan Baddock, National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, NIWA)
5. The Australian Water Partnership (AWP) projects in SPC - Introduction (Jacqui Reid, The Pacific Community, SPC)
6. Hydrology "E-learning" resources (Evan Baddock, National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research, NIWA)
7. Any other business
Documents from the meeting
- Report - 4th RA V HA Forum