HydroSOS Technical Development Team Meeting
Following a five-year pilot phase, HydroSOS end-of-pilot phase report was approved by WMO Congress in 2021. To move forward, the focus is to start implementing and operationalizing the system at global scale, regional and local scale.
HydroSOS technical development team's goal for the implementation phase, is to define and identify the initial HydroSOS products and data sources in each region/country. This includes the following:
- Variables to include in HydroSOS platform
- Data Format
- Institutions able to provide relevant data
- Global, regional and national data sources
This meeting is the first in-person meeting of the HydroSOS Technical Development Team to be held from 17 to 19 January 2023, at the UK Center for Ecology and Hydrology in Wallingford, England.
- Present the progress achieved so far by the Technical Development Team
- Define and finalize the work plan and 2023 activities
- Discuss the specific needs of the ongoing implementation projects
- Discussion on potential pilot projects
- Linking of HydroSOS to the “Early Warning Initiative for all” outputs