The procedures for RSMCs to support WMO Members, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) are covered in the Manual on GDPFS (WMO-No. 485). In summary:
- A request is sent to by a Delegated Authority or the IAEA (Appendix 2.2.26).
- This activates a joint response by the RSMCs with a set of actions (section 188.8.131.52(a) and Appendix 2.2.22).
- Mandatory products are produced (Appendix 2.2.23) using emission parameters defined in the request form or default values for unspecified emission parameters (Appendix 2.2.24).
- The mandatory products are posted on password-protected websites and updated when a new request is received.
- For support to the CTBTO, a request is sent by the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) of CTBTO to the RSMCs who generate products and upload them to a secure website (section 184.108.40.206(b) and Appendix 2.2.27).
- A request is sent to a designated RSMC by the person authorized by the Permanent Representative of the WMO, normally the NMHS operational contact point (Appendix 2.2.32).
- This activates a response by the RSMC with a set of actions (section 220.127.116.11 and Appendix 2.2.28).
- Mandatory products are produced (Appendix 2.2.29) using emission parameters defined in the request form or default values for unspecified emission parameters (Appendix 2.2.30).
- The mandatory products are transmitted to the requester by email or posted on a on password-protected website.
Updated 20 July 2022