WMO Marine Services Course
The WMO Marine Services Course has been developed as a result of several decisions at the World Meteorological Congress-18 (2019) to strengthen the capacity of Members to deliver services, and in particular marine services.
- Is in 2 Phases, the first Online, and the second Phase is hybrid (Online and Face to Face);
- Is designed to specifically address the need to develop the capacity of meteorological services to deliver better marine services and know their customers;
- Contributes to the marine weather competency standards;
- Is coordinated by the WMO Secretariat, through the ETR Office and Marine Services Division; and
- Will initially be rolled out in regional settings, over a 5-year period, starting in 2020 (See Implementation Plan here).
So far, the status of implementation is as follows:
For further information about marine services and WMO competencies, see below:
Infographics for WMO Marine Services Course (May 2023)