1. Under the direction of the Standing Committee on Earth Observing Systems and Monitoring Networks (SC-ON) and with the assistance of the WMO Space Programme Office, undertake tasks and provide advice on and support for the implementation of the WMO Space Programme Strategy and Work Plan 2020-2023;
2. Review and update the WMO Space Programme Strategy and Work Plan 2020-2023 and report on the progress of its implementation to SC-ON;
3. Coordinate the work of ET-SSU, with the support of the Coordinator on Satellite Matters (C-SAT), with other Standing Committees, Expert Teams and Study Groups of the Technical Commissions and with the Research Board;
4. Oversee and guide the preparation and drafting of WMO Technical Regulations on all aspects related to the space-based observing system;
5. Assist with the planning of the bi-annual sessions of the Consultative Meeting on High-Level Policy on Satellite Matters.
 Aligned with the WMO Strategic Plan 2020-2023 (https://library.wmo.int/index.php?lvl=notice_display&id=21525) and with the INFCOM Work Plan (INFCOM-1/Doc. 3, https://meetings.wmo.int/JM-TC/SitePages/Session%20Information.aspx).