Terms of Reference of the Coordination Group on WMO-IATA Collaborative AMDAR Programme (CG-WICAP)
Under the governance of INFCOM and the joint guidance of SC-ON and SC-MINT and under the management of the Joint Expert Team on Aircraft-Based Observing Systems:
1) Work with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to oversee and coordinate the implementation and development of the WMO-IATA Collaborative WMO Aircraft Meteorological Data Relay (AMDAR) Programme;
2) Support and assist the development, establishment and maintenance of WICAP, including its governance, operational structure and related agreements;
3) Review and maintain the WICAP Implementation Plan and other related and required documentation necessary to support the decision-making process for the WICAP Governing Board, INFCOM and the Executive Council;
4) Support regional implementation of WICAP by interacting with working groups of regional associations and assisting where necessary in developing regional WICAP Development Plans in accordance with the WICAP Implementation Plan;
5) Develop, maintain and undertake a communication plan on promoting WICAP for aviation industry and other stakeholders; and
6) Coordinate and assist in relevant activities relating to solutions, improvements and efficiencies to the technical aspects of WICAP development, implementation and operations.