Under the direction of the Chair of INFCOM/SC-MINT, the Editorial Board (EdBd) shall undertake tasks and provide advice on and support for the implementation of the WIGOS framework and the priority activities of the WIGOS operational phase 2020-2023, in accordance with the SC-MINT Terms of Reference; in particular:
1. Coordinate activities for periodic updating of the WMO regulatory and guidance material on measurements, instrumentation and traceability, in particular for the Guide to Instruments and Methods of Observation (WMO-No. 8), in collaboration with other WMO technical commission substructures, WMO programmes, HMEI and the WMO Secretariat.
2. Monitor the contents of the guides under SC-MINT responsibility for material that might be progressively elevated to the level of regulatory material.
3. Liaise with the other WMO editorial bodies on development of a method to ensure consistency between the WIGOS regulatory and guidance material, and contribute to maintain this consistency.
4. Monitor the International Cloud Atlas (ICA) – Manual on the Observation of Clouds and Other Meteors (WMO-No. 407) website to ensure its integrity is maintained.
5. Monitor public feedback on issues/errors identified in the ICA and log these messages for consideration during preparation of its next edition. Develop recommendations to the SC leadership on the need to develop another edition of the ICA, if appropriate.
6. Review proposals for, and manage review and revision of, draft IOM reports, and other reports under SC-MINT responsibility.
7. Review proposals for and advise ETs on the development of common ISO/WMO standards.
8. Contribute to the development and review of other WMO guidance and regulatory material, as appropriate.