Under the direction of the Chair of INFCOM/SC-MINT, the Task Team on Upper-air Instrument Intercomparison (TT-UAII) shall undertake tasks and provide advice on and support for the implementation of the WIGOS framework and the priority activities of the WIGOS operational phase 2020-2023, in accordance with the SC-MINT Terms of Reference; it will be accountable for the conduct of the Upper-air Instrument Intercomparison to be held in Lindenberg, in 2021:
1. Revise and finalise the concept for the upper air intercomparison campaign proposed to be organised in 2021, if required.
2. Decide on criteria for participation, required facilities, human and technical resources, procedures for data acquisition, processing and analysis, and arrangement for publication of final report and develop detailed implementation plan.
3. Perform the selection of the participants, according to agreed criteria, and the selection of the operators according to required competencies.
4. Coordinate all activities related to the organization of the intercomparison.
5. Oversee conduct of the intercomparison.
6. Evaluate the data, draft the final report and arrange for its approval by INFCOM/SC-MINT.
7. Based on the outcomes of the intercomparison, develop recommendations and relevant guidance material, including update of the WMO-No. 8, as appropriate.
8. Arrange for the analysis software to be made available to Members for use in other comparisons.