- Focus Areas / Outcomes
- Performance Indicators
These elements are expected to contribute to achieving the long-term results defined in the WMO Strategic Plan, with the resources provided under the WMO Results-based Budget – Maximum expenditure approved by Congress, and the in-kind support of technical commissions and regional associations.
For each strategic objective, regional aspects and priorities are highlighted based on the WMO Monitoring and Evaluation system, data collected through the Country Profile Database, and information provided by regions. Risks and mitigation measures are also defined for each Strategic Objective.
The Results Framework
- Goal 1: Better serve societal needs: delivering, authoritative, accessible, user-oriented and fit-for-purpose information and services
- Goal 2: Enhance Earth system observations and predictions: Strengthening the technical foundation for the future
- Goal 3: Advance targeted research: Leveraging leadership in science to improve understanding of the Earth system for enhanced services
- Goal 4: Close the capacity gap on weather, climate, hydrological and related environmental services: Enhancing service delivery capacity of developing countries to ensure availability of essential information and services needed by governments, economic sectors and citizens
- Goal 5: Strategic realignment of WMO structure and programs for effective policy-and decision-making and implementation
- WMO Operating Plan 2020-2023
- WMO Operating Plan 2016-2019
- WMO Operating Plan 2012-2015
- WMO Operating Plan 2008-2011