Hydrological Coordination Panel
The Hydrological Coordination Panel is the WMO think tank on hydrology. It supports and advises on an integrated delivery of WMO water-related activities and undertakes preparatory work for the Hydrological Assembly, in relation to current and emerging scientific and technical water-related global challenges. The Panel integrates the hydrological work of WMO into the wider global water agenda, and supports and advises the EC Technical Coordination Committee (EC/TCC).
The Panel works in accordance with the purposes of the Organization related to hydrology including but not limited to Article 2(e) of the Convention:
To promote activities in operational hydrology and to further close cooperation between Meteorological and Hydrological Services.
Work in Progress
- Criteria for involvement of the hydrological community in WMO projects: HCP Project Support Group
- Statement on the term "hydrological normal"
- Letter to hydrological experts
- Rules and Procedure of HCP
Terms of Reference & Members
- Annex 1 to Resolution 5 (EC-71)
- Composition of the Hydrological Coordination Panel (as of 25 April 2021)
- Resolution 5 (EC-71): Hydrological Coordination Panel
- Resolution 7 (Cg-18): Establishment of WMO Technical Commissions for the Eighteenth financial period
- Resolution 24 (Cg-18): Vision, Strategy and Organizational arrangements for hydrology and Water Resources in WMO
- Resolution 25 (Cg-18): Major Hydrological initiatives
- INF 5.3 (Cg-18): Summary and conclusions of the Hydrological Assembly
- Illustrations of the eight ambitions from the First Hydrological Assembly (2019) (Click on the "View original" link on the top-left side of your browser to see the illustrations)
- Presentations of the eight ambitions from the First Hydrological Assembly (2019)
- Commission for Hydrology (CHy) - Fifteenth session (CHy-15): Abridged final report with resolutions and recommendations
- Commission for Hydrology, Abridged Final Report of the Extraordinary Session - CHy-Ext.(2019)
- Composition of the Hydrological Coordination Panel (as of 11.11.2019)
- Second Hydrological Coordination Panel meeting (HCP-2), 23-26 November 2020 (online)
- First Hydrological Coordination Panel meeting, 2-6 December 2019, Geneva, Switzerland