Joint Expert Team on Hydrological monitoring (JET-HYDMON)
The Joint Expert Team on Hydrological Monitoring (JET-HYDMON) is an INFCOM SC-ON, SC-MINT and SC-IMT Joint Expert Team, which is governed and coordinated by SC-ON, in collaboration with both others and SC-ESMP.
2. Documents for JET-HYDMON members (link available soon)
- Provides valuable information on operational hydrological services worldwide collected through the WMO Global Hydrological Survey in 2020.
The Joint Expert Team on Hydrological Monitoring (JET-HYDMON) ensures the coherence of the INFCOM hydrology experts’ contribution to the relevant activities of the Infrastructure Commission and its subsidiary bodies in an integrated manner in the spirit of the Earth System approach, preserving the hydrological value chain, and contribute the necessary infrastructure support to the relevant activities of SERCOM, in particular of SC-HYD.
Under the governance of SC-ON and the joint guidance of SC-ON, SC-MINT and SC-IMT, JET-HYDMON ensures:
- development of tools, guidelines, training material, and other documents and desired outputs of purely hydrological activities and tasks (e.g., measurement of river flow, sediment, groundwater, water quality, etc.);
- support other JETs (e.g., JET-OWR) that may have interest for hydrology expertise e.g. for the short term flash flood forecasting;
- support to ETs of various SCs, where subject is cross cutting across disciplines and demand for ad-hoc inputs from hydrological experts.
All this in accordance with the SC-ON, SC-MINT and SC-IMT Terms of Reference.