ToRs of CIMO Focal Points
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF CIMO FOCAL POINTS
Direct links to terms of reference of:
The CIMO Focal Point on Disaster Risk Reduction shall be responsible for the following:
1. Review, on a regular basis, CIMO Expert teams activities and inter-commission programme activities and identify those relevant to be supported by CIMO for the implementation of the WMO DRR Road Map.
2. Participate in relevant DRR meetings, recommend priorities of action, and develop specific tasks and associated deliverables for leveraging relevant activities to support the implementation of the WMO DRR Road Map. Submit these recommendations for consideration and approval by the CIMO Management Group.
3. Advise the CIMO MG on development of DRR programme and requirements for support by CIMO.
The CIMO Focal Point for the Global Cryosphere Watch (GCW) shall be responsible for the following:
1. To liaise with GCW on issues related to instruments and methods of observation standardization, maintenance, and operation;
2. To provide guidance to the Commission on issues related to polar and high mountain observations;
3. To identify experts that would have the appropriate background to contribute to relevant GCW activities;
4. To submit reports in accordance with the requirements of the CIMO Management Group;
5. To represent CIMO in the Global Cryosphere Watch Steering Group.
The CIMO Gender Focal Point shall be responsible for the following:
1. To lead action on implementation of the WMO Gender Equality Policy and Gender Action Plan;
2. To serve as a ‘gender custodian’ at meetings of the Commission’s structures by screening the agenda and documentation, identifying relevant entry points for gender and diversity aspects, and ensuring their consideration and discussion;
3. To gather and analyse details, as required, of the role of women and men in the work of the Commission;
4. To liaise with the WMO Gender Focal Point and to jointly collect and disseminate information including studies and policies on the role of women in areas relevant to the Commission;
5. To collaborate with focal points on gender issues in other technical commissions and WMO structures;
6. To explore, document and make recommendations for addressing gender equality in each region, pertinent to the Commission;7. To submit reports in accordance with the requirements of the CIMO Management Group.