Second Hydrological Advisers Forum RA II - Asia
The 2nd Hydrological Advisers Forum for Region II (Asia) was held virtually through videoconference on 26 March 2021. Dr. Sung Kim, Regional Hydrological Adviser for RA II chaired the meeting which saw the participation of Hydrological Advisers and other experts from 19 Members in the region along with the staff from WMO.
The main objective of the 2nd Forum was to discuss the potential working structure for hydrology in RA II. In addition, the meeting also provided Members with an update on the developments since the 1st Forum.
1. Opening Remarks (Dr. Yuri Simonov, Vice President, SERCOM and Chair, SC-HYD)
2. Introduction of participants (All participants)
3. Updates from the 1st RA II Hydrological Advisers Forum (Dr. H. Kim, Head of Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, WMO)
4. Outcomes of SERCOM-1(II) session related to hydrology (Dr. H. Kim, Head of Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, WMO)
5. Vision and Strategy for Hydrology, Draft Water Declaration and Hydrological Assembly (Dr. Jan Danhelka, Chair, Hydrological Coordination Panel)
6. Preparation for upcoming RA II session (Dr. Sung Kim, Regional Hydrological Adviser RA II)
7. Water Resources Management - Introduction to the topic, potential tools and implementation in upcoming projects (Mr. Giacomo Teruggi, Scientific Officer, Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, WMO)
8. Any other business (suggestions for future topics)