Third RA V Hydrological Advisers Forum
The 3rd Hydrological Advisers Forum for Region V (South-west Pacific) was held virtually through videoconference on 2 December 2021. Mr. John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser for RA V chaired the meeting which saw the participation of Hydrological Advisers and other experts from 10 Members in the region along with the staff from WMO.
The main objectives of the 3rd Forum were to inform the Members of the new working structure approved at RA V-18 session and also to provide updates on the decisions related to hydrology and water resources that were taken during Cg-Ext 2021.The forum also touched upon some of the ongoing and pipeline extrabudgetary projects led by WMO in hydrology for RA V.
1. Opening Remarks by Regional Hydrological Adviser ('Ofa Fa'anunu, President RA V; John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser RA V)
2. Introduction of participants (All participants)
3. Updates from the 2nd RA V Hydrological Advisers Forum (Hwirin Kim, Head of Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, WMO)
4. Outcomes relating to hydrology from RA V -18 session (John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser RA V)
5. Key decisions/resolutions on hydrology from Cg-Ext 2021 (Hydrology Action Plan, Water and Climate Coalition, Research Strategy, FFGS Sustainability Strategy, HydroSOS, GDPFS Centres) (Hwirin Kim, Head of Hydrological and Water Resources Services Division, WMO)
6. WMO Hydrological Observing System (Igor Chernov, Associate Project Officer, Global Hydrometry Support Facility, WMO)
7. Extrabudgetary projects update in RA V (John Fenwick, Regional Hydrological Adviser RA V; Sophia Sandström, Project Coordinator, Global Hydrometry Support Facility, WMO)
8. Any other business (suggestions for future topics)