Thailand CREWS-Canada Sub-Project Workshop on Impact-based Forecast and Warning Services (IBFWS)
- About the Workshop
- Workshop Registration Form
- Upload photo here
- Workshop Programme
- The COMET MetEd platform (in case of problems creating an account, please e
- Experts' Biography
- Link to writing questions during self guided sessions
- Building IBF Partnerships through Communication Module
- Opening Remarks by Dr Johan Stander, WMO
- Workshop Evaluation Questionnaire
- Workshop Evaluation Results
- Impact Table Development Exercise
- Workshop Report
To kick-start the implementation of Impact-based Forecast and Warning Services in Thailand:
The workshop is planned to introduce IBFWS to the staff of Thai Meteorological Department (TMD), the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDP), the Royal Irrigation Department (RID); the Department of Mineral Resources, the Office of National Water Resources and other stakeholders; and to train them in the necessary skills to enable them implement IBFWS in the country.
The workshop is part of the WMO CREWS-Canada sub-project on Impact-Based Forecast and warning (IBFWS) for South East Asia and Pacific Small Island States. It is organized by TMD in collaboration with WMO, through the Disaster Risk Reduction and Public Service Branch (DRR-PS) of the Services Department, in collaboration with the Member Services and Development Department.
Information to Participants
Participants are requested to register by completing this Workshop Registration Form
Please also upload your passport-size photographs, to be used in the workshop report, here.
The Workshop Programme provides information on the sessions, objectives and expected outcomes, workshop experts/lecturers, local facilitators and session timings.
This is a hybrid workshop constituting of live sessions (live presentations and training by experts to participants) as well as self-guided sessions using pre-prepared training lessons and resources that will be accessed on both the WMO and the COMET MetEd platform.
The self-guided (or self-directed) sessions are planned to take place every day (except on Monday 18 January 2021) either in the morning or in the afternoon. Instructions or clarification of what will be expected of the participant will be provided during the live sessions.
To access the COMET MetEd lessons, you will need to create an account. Please do this by clicking on the "sign up" link on the platform. (in case of problems creating an account, please send an email to: email@example.com)
To post a question during self-guided session:
Submit your question by clicking on this Link to writing questions during self guided sessions. Responses to the questions posted during the self-guided session will be provided at the beginning of next live session.
Live sessions will be conducted through video conferencing. Each session will last about 3 hours starting 0900hrs or at 1400hrs. A 20-minute break will provided in each session. Please note the following:
- The live session will be started about 30 minutes early in order to allow everyone to log in before commencement of the session and to allow for testing of sound and video quality.
- There will be a local facilitator for each day. They will coordinate the session locally in liaison with the lecturer.
- Since this is an online workshop, lecturers will make presentations, uninterrupted.
- Participants may post questions using the chat or Q&A facility of the conference platform
- The local facilitator will manage the Chat with support from WMO.
- All the sessions will be recorded and shared later.
Workshop Training Materials & Resources
The workshop training materials and other resources are accessible through links provided in the Workshop Programme.
All participants who attend the Workshop fully will receive a WMO certificate of attendance for the Workshop.
On the COMET MetEd platform, you will take a self-guided quiz on Friday Morning 22 January 2021. If you receive a score equal to or higher than the pass mark, you will receive a certificate for this particular COMET IBF training. Certificates are provided as PDF files that you can download and print. Please note that you can always retake the quiz (if you strive for a higher score).