Regional Office for Europe
Regional Office for Europe is part of Member Services and Development Department of the World Meteorological Organization.
The Regional Office is the key facilitator of the regional business ensuring the achievement of the WMO long-term goals and strategic objectives towards long-term sustainability and development of the WMO RA VI Member States.
The activity of the Regional Ofice for Europe is based on five general functions:
- Representation of the Region to the WMO Secretariat and of the WMO Secretariat in the Region
- Advocacy through networking, partnerships, including collaboration and cooperation, with the view to increase visibility and recognition, as well as for investment in systems and services to increase the institutional, human and technical capacity in key priority areas
- Coordination through information, analysis of requirements and gaps and assistance
- Administrative and Logistic Support to support the Regional Association (RA), the RA's president and the Secretariat
- Internal Management
The Regional Office for Europe is based in Geneva, and is composed of:
- Mr Milan Dacić, WMO Representative for Europe, Chief of the Office
- Ms Natalia Berghi, Programme Officer
- Ms Sari Lappi, SEE-Multi-Hazard Early Warning System-Advisory Project Coordinator, based in Zagreb, Croatia