WMO No. 9 Vol D Information for Shipping
WMO No. 9 - WEATHER REPORTING
VOLUME D - INFORMATION FOR SHIPPING
This Publication contains Marine meteorology and other related geophysical information necessary for safe and economic conduct of shipping operations, as well as for fishing and other marine activities, is made available to the user by the various Meteorological Services of maritime countries. The provision of this information is coordinated by WMO.
The Worldwide Met-Ocean Information and Warning Service (WWMIWS) website is here.
Volume D - Edition 2018 (with amendments made 10 Dec 2021)
Chapter 1 - Worldwide Met-Ocean Information and Warning Service
- Part A - Satellite Systems
- Transmission Schedule for SafetyNet Services (Updated 17 April 2019)
- Part B - Radio Voice Broadcasting using DSC
- Part C - NAVTEX Stations
- Part D - HF NBDP
- Part E - Radio-Facsimile
Chapter 2 - Ship-to-Shore Satellite Communications
- Part A - INMARSAT-C LESs
Chapter 3 - Visual Storm Warning Signals
Chapter 4 - Focal Point Contact Information
- Part A - METAREA Coordinators (Regularly updated)
- Part B - Port Meteorological Offices (Regularly updated)
- Part C - Ship Weather Routeing Services (Updated August 2006)
This publication is kept up-to-date by amendments.