(1) Prioritize, plan and coordinate the work of the Association and its subsidiary bodies with coordinated efforts for the development of the RA II Operating Plan in accordance with the Congress and Executive Council Resolutions, and promote the execution of resolutions of Congress and the Executive Council in the region contributing to the implementation of the WMO Strategic Plan;
(2) Oversee and guide the Reform in RA II; Review the recommendations from the Task Teams on the Regional Concept (TT-RC) and the Task Team on Review of the Regional Partnership and Sub-regional Cooperation (TT-RP), and oversee the implementation of the recommendations, including those approved by EC and Congress;
(3) Select members of the Working Groups from among candidates nominated by Members and propose to the president of the association the replacement of a member should the member not contribute at the expected level; Establish specific Task Teams, as needed;
(4) Review, monitor and update the progress of the RA II Operating Plan, including the implementation of Congress and Executive Council resolutions, and the regional structure and work of the subsidiary bodies on a regular basis, advise on the implementation of their recommendations, and make proposals to terminate or reorganize these bodies as necessary;
(5) Keep under review the requirements and priorities for developing the capacity of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) of Members, training and other events to be organized in the region for the implementation of WMO Programmes and activities;
(6) Oversee the activities of the regional centres, such as Regional Specialized Meteorological Centres (RSMCs), Regional Climate Centres (RCCs), Regional WIGOS Centres (RWCs), Regional Instrument Centres (RICs), Regional Marine Instrument Centres (RMICs), WMO Information System (WIS) Centres and Regional Training Centres (RTCs);
(7) Advise the president of RA II on all matters related to the work of the association and regional reform, in particular on emerging matters requiring action during the intersessional period; Assist the president for the organization of Regional Association Sessions and high-level regional activities, and facilitate the regional association for making recommendations to Congress and the Executive Council on matters within the purpose of the Organization;
(8) Address issues on the strengthening of strategic partnerships with regional organizations and other partners, including Public-Private Engagement (PPE).