Metadata Migration Procedures
Metadata Migration Procedure GISC A to GISC B
Requirements from new GISC:
1. Operational OAI-PMH server reachable from internet
2. GISC area of responsibility metadata set available (name shall be WIS-GISC-XXXX where XXXX is the city name of the GISC).
1. The new GISC shall inform others GISC for the availability of OAI-PMH server by mailing to : firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com plus copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Others GISC shall check that the new OAI-PMH server is reachable and send email confirmation to new GISC.
3. New GISC contact GISC Tokyo and furnish the list of metadata which shall be removed from the WIS-UNASSOCIATED set.
4. GISC Tokyo sets a delete flag in metadata which shall be removed. Tokyo also informs all GISC of the number of metadata which has been removed and ask to others GISC to re-harvest WIS-UNASSOCIATED set by mailing to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org plus copy to email@example.com
5. All GISC shall re-harvest WIS-UNASSOCIATED and check that the metadata have been deleted.
6. New GISC add update flag their all metadata and ask to others GISC to re-harvest their WIS-metadata set by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com plus copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. All GISC shall start harvesting metadata set from new GISC.
8. All GISC shall confirm to the new GISC that actions have been completed.
9. GISC Tokyo physically removes their metadata from WIS UNASSOCIATED.
- Action 1 shall be done by a week before starting management of metadata.
- Action 2 shall be done in a maximum delay of 5 days.
- Action 5 and 6 shall be done in a maximum delay of 5 days.